Wilson Family Updates

Friday, October 30, 2009















Ahh, Lake George! We took the kids to Million Dollar Beach a few times this summer. The first pics of the kids in the water, where you can see sand, is lake George. It is the cleanest lake in the country and is always a beautiful spot to spend the day. We brought a picnic and sat on the beach watching the seagulls. On our one trip a few ducks were brave enough to walk over to our towels and eat out of my hand. Steven slept through that though.




The last set of pictures with all the rocks in North Hero in Vermont. I spent my childhood summers there when my grandfather owned a camp. It's on Lake Champlain and also a beautiful place, though very different. It's a rock beach, but with water shoes Evie still had a blast. Steven is not the biggest fan of the water, but Evie is part fish. Speaking of fish we all had lots of luck fishing off the dock and caught a lot of Perch and Bass. Not a single sunfish which surprised me. That's all I ever caught there as a kid. Our purpose of our Noth Hero trip was dual. Not only for a vacation and for the kids to see where I had so many great childhood memories, but to scatter part of my mom's ashes as she loved it there too. We had great weather until the morning we left, we had huge fires in the firepit every night and the kids made smores, saw frogs, toads, and even a baby bird. Ken got out of the shower to find a frog on the bath rug! All of the kids had a blast, but Steven was ready to go home after a couple hours. I guess he's more of a home body. I even broke my own rule and included a picture with ME in it, in a bathing suit no less :) Enjoy!
































1 Comments:

Blogger Calonder Crew said...

Great pictures, Melissa!! You look fantastic in your picture, also...you should include yourself in more photos! I never liked my picture taken, and still HATE it, but my dad recently sent me a video of him as a little boy. It had my grandma in it whom I was very close to, but she died when I was 10. It was awesome to be able to see her when SHE was a young mommy. I want that for my children now, even if I hate the pictures of myself!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home